Welcome to the
All the information you need
to start playing tennis with us
ESTABLISHED many years ago, the tennis section has a small but solid base of members who play all the year round at Alvaro’s Tennis Club in the El Botanico area of Puerto de la Cruz.
Playing sessions are supported by a committee member who structures play on court according to a peg system.
Play normally consist of doubles games of 30 minutes each, with partners and opponents swapped every half hour.
Over the winter months of October-April, sessions are from 10am-1pm twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. During the summer months of May-September sessions are on Tuesdays only, also 10am-1pm.
Between these hours and depending on the number of players attending each session, one, two or three courts are reserved for the exclusive use of members.
Players of all ages and abilities are welcome to attend.
For further information, contact – Captain: Maxine Self 922 334 385; mobile: 619 370 597; e-mail: Maxine Self
OUR membership fees take into account the fact that many of our members do not live in Tenerife all the year round.
Current tariffs are:
- Ten-12 months: 190 euros
- Seven-nine months: 170 euros
- Four-six months: 160 euros
- Three months: 115 euros
- Two months: 85 euros
- One month: 45 euros
- Single sessions: 6 euros
Programme of events for 2015/16
CASUAL players/visitors may pay and play for up to three months. Throughout the year, there are both formal and informal tournaments, often followed by lunch in a local restaurant.
If you are abroad when the list goes up for an event/function but would like to be included on the day, please email Maxine at least a week in advance.
Provisional Calendar 2016/17
- November 15: New season Angels and Bandits (team event)
- November 22: Tennis section AGM, 1.15pm
- November 27: New tournament, Club v Tony’s Rest of World team
- December 6: Christmas Fun Day
- January 10: Re-Joice tournament
- January 29: Club vs Los Gigantes (home)
- February 21: Jimbo tournament
- March 14: Lorna’s tournament
- April 11: Easter Bunnies Fun Day
- November 14: Angels and Bandits
- December 5: Christmas Fun Day
Club rules and etiquette
The Tennis Section’s rules and etiquette can be viewed by clicking the button below.