Welcome to the
All the information you need
to start playing tennis with us
ESTABLISHED many years ago, the tennis section has a small but solid base of members who play all the year round at Alvaro’s Tennis Club in the El Botanico area of Puerto de la Cruz.
Playing sessions are supported by a committee member who structures play on court according to a peg system.
Play normally consist of doubles games of 30 minutes each, with partners and opponents swapped every half hour.
Over the winter months of October-April, sessions are from 10am-1pm twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. During the summer months of May-September sessions are on Tuesdays only, also 10am-1pm.
Between these hours and depending on the number of players attending each session, one, two or three courts are reserved for the exclusive use of members.
Players of all ages and abilities are welcome to attend.
For further information, contact – Captain: Maxine Self 922 334 385; mobile: 619 370 597; e-mail: Maxine Self
OUR membership fees take into account the fact that many of our members do not live in Tenerife all the year round. Payment is from the date of start of play. Payments by two or three instalments is available on top-end tariffs.
Current tariffs are:
- Ten-12 months: 200 euros
- Tuesdays only: 130 euros
- Seven-nine months: 180 euros
- Four-six months: 170 euros
- Three months: 125 euros
- Two months: 95 euros
- One month: 55 euros
- Single sessions: 8 euros
Programme of events for 2018/19
CASUAL players/visitors may pay and play for up to three months. Throughout the year, there are both formal and informal tournaments, often followed by lunch in a local restaurant.
This season it’s our turn to entertain the Tipsy Terrace group from Los Gigantes in what will be the 21st anniversary of this annual inter-club “grudge match”. The tournament will will be held at Alvaro’s on either the last Sunday in January or the first Sunday in February. Please make a note in your diary and come along and support us if you can.
If you are abroad when the list goes up for an event/function but would like to be included on the day, please email Maxine at least a week in advance.
Provisional Calendar 2018/19
- November 13: New season Angels and Bandits (team event)
- November 25: Club v Tony’s International Team
- December 11: Christmas Fun Day
- January 8 or 17: Tennis section AGM, 1.15pm
- January 15: Re-Joice tournament
- Jan 27 or Feb 3: Club vs Los Gigantes (home)
- February 10 or 17: Club vs Finnish Club tournament
- February 19: Jim McColl tournament
- March 12: Chris’s tournament
- April 6: Easter Bunnies Fun Day
- November 12: Angels and Bandits
- November 24: Club v Tony’s International Team
- December 10: Christmas Fun Day
Club rules and etiquette
The Tennis Section’s rules and etiquette can be viewed by clicking the button below.